OCDS Publication policy
The Enugu State Council on Public Procurement (ESDP) started her journey to implement Electronic Government Procurement system (e-GP) early 2021. E-GP is the use of information and communication technology to:
- a. procure goods, works and services;
- b. publish and distribute public procurement information;
- c. to support procurement transactions; and
- d. to monitor and manage public procurement.
The e-GP system is considered an effective tool for instituting procurement reforms and establishing a transparent and open procurement environment.
In order to attain a full capacity of an open public procurement environment, ESDP has included the Open Contracting Data Standard (OCDS) to its e-GP system. OCDS refers to norms and practices for increased disclosure and participation in public procurement contracts.
The objective of including OCDS is to enhance transparency and accountability in public procurement through publication of data on contracts signed by procuring entities to the public.
The ESDP website (www.dueprocess.en.gov.ng) will provide a portal (OCDS Portal) for the publication of public procurement contractual data under the OCDS. In OCDS, a publication policy is an essential data guide for users. ESDP’s publication policy covers:
- • What information is and is not covered within the scope of the publication
- • Any custom codelists used - or custom codes added to existing codelists
- • How timely or frequent is publication
- • Where the data comes from and how it is generated
- • The format(s) of the publication and where to access the data
- • License information for data reuse
- • Contact information for the publisher
2.0 ACRONYMS & MEANINGS
|OCDS||Open Contracting Data Standard|
|OCID||Open Contracting Identifier|
|e-GP||e-GP Electronic Government Procurement|
|JASON||JASON Java Script Object Notation|
|CSV||Comma Separated Values|
|XLSX||XLSX Excel Spreadsheet|
|API||API Application Program Interface|
|VPN||Virtual Private Network|
|ESDP||Enugu State Due Process|
3.0 INFORMATION COVERED
The following data shall be covered within the scope of ESDP’s data publications:
- i. Annual procurement Plan;
- ii. tender notices;
- iii. tender opening reports;
- iv. notice of best evaluated bidders;
- v. award of contracts;
- vi. payments made;
- vii. list of barred or suspended bidders.
Data on the award of contracts shall only be published after completion of any administrative review of the procurement process.
4.0 INFORMATION NOT COVERED
The relevant considerations in determining disclosure of information include privacy, secrecy, commercial interests, national security, defence and international relations of a country.
The scope of data excluded from publication in this policy, is drawn from the provisions of the Enugu State Public Procurement Act 2021, which provides limitations on disclosure of some information. The information exempted from disclosure can only be published under a court order. Data shall not be disclosed under the OCDS where disclosure will:
- i. amount to a contravention of any written law in Enugu state or the Federal Republic of Nigeria;
- ii. obstruct law enforcement;
- iii. prejudice the legitimate commercial interests of the parties to a contract;
- iv. inhibit fair competition in public procurement; or
- v. in anyway be contrary to public interest.
- vi. any data on contracts related to the security and defence.
5.0 DATA PUBLICATION FREQUENCY AND ACCESSIBLITY
Record packages will be published by ESDP after every contract award by any Procuring entity in the state. The data contained in these packages is in JSON format as per the OCDS schema and can be downloaded by any interested consumer through a published API. Bulk download of release package is available for a fiscal year under a budgetary provision.
6.0 WHERE THE DATA COMES FROM AND HOW IT IS GENERATED
ESDP is responsible for publishing data on the OCDS Portal by granting permission to Procuring Entities and overseeing what they publish.
The data are generated from procurement processes that led to the award of contract in selected Procuring entities in the Enugu state.
7.0 THE FORMAT(S) OF THE PUBLICATION AND WHERE TO ACCESS THE DATA
OCDS data publication are available as a webpage on the OCDS portal and data published can be downloaded in the following formats;
- i. JASON
- ii. EXCEL
OCDS data can be accessed via https://dueprocess.en.gov.ng/award_contract_.php
8.0 CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE PUBLISHER
ESDP’s contact details for providing feedback on the data published under the e-GP OCDS portal are as stated below.
The Director General, Enugu State Due Process,
Abuja Building, Government House Complex,
Enugu, Enugu State.